The Perfect Asparagus
Spring is the time for baby calves, beautiful crocuses and fresh vegetables. Asparagus are easy to grow, or easy to find a local source for those who do not have a green thumb.
To get the perfect Asparagus:
- In a medium sized frying pan, add about 3/4" water. Bring to a boil.
- Wash asparagus spears thoroughly.
- Plan on about 4-6 per person.
- Snap off the bottoms where they naturally break.
- Carefully place in the frying pan.
- Cook for 30 seconds.
- Using tongs, pull from pan and toss in melted butter. (I use a glass loaf plan and melt the butter in the microwave).
- Sprinkle with parmesan if desired.
Asparagus is easy to over cook. No one likes slimy, mushy or stringy asparagus. It should be crisp, fresh and flavourful!